Travelling with us
Community Connect Transport aims to provide safe, reliable, appropriate and affordable door to door transport so that residents may continue to access services and community facilities whilst maintaining their health, wellbeing, and independence.
Community Connect Transport is supported by financial assistance from the Australian and NSW Governments and North Sydney Council to provide transport services to residents of the North Sydney, Mosman, Willoughby and Lane Cove local government areas who are:
- frail and aged 65 years and over
- younger people with disabilities
- other transport disadvantaged residents
- and the carers of these people
To provide timely and appropriate access to our service delivery area, Community Connect operates a modern fleet of vehicles. Vehicles are selected for ease of access with many being wheelchair accessible, enabling residents with different levels of mobility choice of transport.
- shopping – door to door service between residents home and shopping centre for independent shopping for groceries and other shopping needs
- social outings – offered to community groups with a diverse program of destinations
- health and medical appointments – door to door service with aim to deliver safe, reliable and affordable transport services to residents for their appointments.
Quality management is through our Safety, Quality and Environment Management System.
Community Connect is compliant with:
- Home Care Standards
- NSW Disability Standards – website www.isc-worldwide.com/certifications/nswdss/
- Are accredited with ISO in three fields. ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems. ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems. AS/NZ 4801 WH&S Management Systems.
Other community transport organisations
There are a number of other community organisations that provide transport and social support services in the local area using volunteers:
- Willoughby Community Aid – Phone: 9777 7824 (Willoughby residents)
- Lane Cove and Northside Community Services – Phone: 9427 6425 (Lane Cove residents)
- Mosman Community Transport – Phone: 9978 4120 (Mosman residents)
- Crows Nest Community Centre – Phone: 9439 5122 (North Sydney residents)
- The Meeting House – Phone: 9427 1841 (Lane Cove Residents)
Accessible Local Public Transport
In the Lower North Shore area the mainstream public transport services available are buses, trains, ferries and taxis. Some of these services are accessible for people with limited mobility or those using wheelchairs. Contact the individual transport provider for more information.
Local wheelchair Accessible Train Stations
North Shore Line: Chatswood, St Leonards, Waverton, North Sydney, Milsons Point. For information on train timetables and using accessible stations contact:
1. Transport info: Phone: 131 500
or website: www.131500.com.au
2. CityRail website: www.cityrail.info
The following taxi companies operate in the Lower North Shore:
ABC Taxis – Phone: 13 25 22 or website: www.abctaxis.com.au
Legion Cabs- Phone: 13 14 51 or website: www.legioncabs.com.au
RSL Ex-Servicemen’s Cabs – Phone: 9958 1111 or website: www.rslcabs.com.au
Premier Cabs – Phone: 13 10 17 or website: www.legioncabs.com.au
Premier Maxi Cabs – Phone: 8868 4555
Taxis Combined Services (TCS) – Phone: 13 33 00 or website: www.taxiscombined.com.au
TCS Maxi Taxis – Phone: 13 19 24
Manly Warringah Cabs – Phone: 13 16 69 or website: www.manlycabs.com.au
Zero 200 (Wheelchair Accessible Taxis) – Phone: 8832 0200 or website: www.zero200.com.au
Sydney Ferries provide services to Circular Quay from the following Wharves: – Greenwich (Mitchell Street) – McMahons Point (Henry Lawson Ave) – Milsons Point (Alfred street South) – North Sydney (High Street) – Kirribilli (Holbrook Street) – Neutral Bay (Hayes Street) – Kurraba Point (Kurraba Road) – Mosman Bay (Avenue Road) – Old Cremorne (Green Street) – South Mosman (Musgrave Street) – Cremorne Point (Milson Road) – Taronga Zoo (Athol Wharf Road)
For information on timetables and routes contact:
Transport Info – Phone: 131 500 or website www.131500.com.au
Or Sydney Ferries – website www.sydneyferries.info
Disabled Alternative Road Travel Service (DARTS)
DARTS provides social outings for adults who use wheelchairs. Door-to-Door transport is provided in small buses that are equipped to take up 5 wheelchairs.
For more information contact:
7 Victor Street, Chatswood NSW 2067
Phone: 9777 7840
Our Commitment to Safety
Statement of Intent
Community Connect Transport management team has implemented a Quality Safety and Environmental Management System (QSEMS) to:
- Provide value for clients, employees and other stakeholders
- Is a basis for continual improvement,
- To consistently meet client requirements, and
- Enhance client satisfaction
QSE objectives will be set at management review meetings, and will be measurable, achievable, customer focused and reviewed at subsequent management review meetings.
The risk of accidents, incidents, harm and pollution will be minimised through risk identification, assessment and control, to achieve the target of zero occurrences.
An internal auditing programme will be used to increase the effectiveness and continual improvement of the QSEMS.
Community Connect is committed to achieving and maintaining certification to ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems, and AS/NZS ISO 14001Environmental Management Systems relevant to the level of service delivery.
Management of Community Connect will resource appropriate opportunities to minimise the environmental footprint of the organisation.
The company undertakes to comply with applicable regulations, standards and Acts, and stakeholder requirements that guide the business of the company.
We value your input. To assist us in meeting your needs, please provide us with your feedback....provide feedback
WelcomeWe are here to help you with your transport needs. To discuss your specific requirements or if you have any questions please contact us. A member of our Community Connect family looks forward to assisting you.
By providing professional, safe, reliable, and courteous transport services, Community Connect enables people living in their own homes to access services and community facilities, so that they can maintain their health, wellbeing and independence.
For all enquiries please contact us:
Phone: 9490 9500
Email: click here
Fax: 9490 9599
Or go to our Contact Page
Make a booking
Booking requests can be made online or by contacting our Transport Co-ordinator on 9490 9500