Community Connect Transport aims to provide safe, reliable, appropriate and affordable door to door transport so that clients may continue to access services and community facilities whilst maintaining their health, wellbeing, and independence.
Community Connect Transport is supported by financial assistance from the Australian and NSW Governments and North Sydney Council to provide transport services to residents of the North Sydney, Mosman, Willoughby and Lane Cove Local Government Areas who are:
- Aged 65 years and over
- Younger people with disabilities
- Other transport disadvantaged residents and their Carers
To provide timely and appropriate access to our service delivery area, Community Connect Transport operates a modern fleet of vehicles. Vehicles are selected for ease of access with many being wheelchair accessible, enabling residents with various levels of mobility choice of transport.
Services We Provide
- Shopping – point to point service between a client’s home and shopping centre for independent shopping for groceries and other shopping needs
- Social Outings – offered to individuals and community groups across a diverse program of activities and destinations
- Health and Medical Appointments – providing safe, reliable and affordable transport services to clients for their appointments
- Quality Management is through our Safety, Quality and Environment Management System – Community Connect is registered to provide services in accordance with: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Rules 2018, NDIS Practice Standards and Quality Indicators 2018
Our Commitment to Safety
Statement of Intent
Community Connect Transport management team has implemented a Quality Safety and Environmental Management System (QSEMS) to:
- Provide value for clients, employees and other stakeholders
- Is a basis for continual improvement
- To consistently meet client requirements, and enhance client satisfaction
QSE objectives will be set at management review meetings, and will be measurable, achievable, customer focused and reviewed at subsequent management review meetings. The risk of accidents, incidents, harm and pollution will be minimised through risk identification, assessment and control, to achieve the target of zero occurrences. Our internal Audit Risk and Compliance Committee meets every 6 – 8 weeks to increase the effectiveness and continual improvement of the QSEMS.
Community Connect is committed to achieving and maintaining Environmental Management Systems relevant to the level of service delivery. Management of Community Connect Transport will resource appropriate opportunities to minimise the environmental footprint of the organisation. The company undertakes to comply with applicable regulations, standards and Acts, and stakeholder requirements that guide the business of the company.